Thursday, June 22, 2006

God's Sense Of Humor

Yesterday, before my Metaphysics class began, I was talking with another student in class about what classes she was required to take as a Special Ed major. She said two philosophy classes as well as two theology, science, math, etc.

I asked her about her theology classes and she said that she took Christian Moral Principles, but didn't like it. When I asked her why, she said it was because she was a Methodist and didn't agree with the Catholic perspective. At first I thought that this was strange, since Christian morals should apply to all Christians.

Then she said that she was pro-choice.

I then told her I could see the conflict she had. I was about to ask her why she felt that way (and also why she is studying at a university which is absolutely anti-abortion), but the professor came in and class started.

Then another girl came in late and had a water bottle in her hand that had a big sticker on it that had the words "Pro-Life" in big letters. Without knowing that the first girl was pro-choice, the girl who was late put the water bottle down on the empty desk next to her so that the words faced directly at the pro-choice girl.

I couldn't help but chuckle to myself for the rest of the class and think of how much I love God's ironic humor and justice!

Hopefully, the girl's time here at Franciscan U will help to change her mind!

No comments: