Monday, October 02, 2006

Feast Of Guardian Angels



"How great the dignity of the soul, since each one has from his birth an angel commissioned to guard it. "
– St. Jerome

Today is the feast of guardian angels. I don't know about you, but my angel has had to work overtime many many times in my life. Let's take this day to say "thanks" to the angels who watch over us and keep us from all harm!

Prayer to Your Guardian Angel:
O Angel of Christ, holy guardian and protector of my soul and body, forgive me everything wherein I have offended thee every day of my life, and protect me from all influence and temptation of the evil one. May I nevermore anger God by any sins. Pray for me to the Lord, that He may make me worthy of the grace of the All-holy Trinity, and of the Most Blessed Theotokos, and of all the Saints. Amen.

Prayer To Holy Angels:
Bless the Lord, all you His angels. You who are mighty in strength and do His will, intercede for me at the throne of God. By your unceasing watchfulness protect me in every danger of soul and body. Obtain for me the grace of final perseverance, so that after this life I may be admitted to your glorious company and with you may sing the praises of God for all eternity.

All you holy angels and archangels, thrones and dominations, principalities and powers and virtues of heaven, cherubim and seraphim, and especially you, my dear guardian angel, intercede for me and obtain for me the special favor I now ask {mention your petition}.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit. As it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be. Amen.

For some quotes on guardian angels from the Church Fathers, Check out this post by Mike Aquilina.

No comments: