Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Update


I have been very busy lately and haven't had any time to post. I should be studying at the moment for my Principles of Biblical Studies II exam tomorrow, but I am the king of procrastination.

This past Sunday, Laura and I went to the Oratory of St. Philip Neri at the Pittsburgh Newman Center.

We have found our church home! This place is great! They chant the Gloria, Sanctus, and Agnus Dei in Latin and they sing sacred music! (see the post below to see how I feel about contemporary music in the liturgy)

The whole congregation was very reverent before, during, and after the mass. Everyone even sang all the hymns...loudly.

There was no mumbling or anything! Oh and Cardinal Furno (see the post below), the chapel (although not a huge one) was packed!

P.s. They also have a cassock worn by the Venerable John Henry Cardinal Newman hanging in the lobby of the Newman Center. How cool!

No comments: