Friday, May 05, 2006

My Plans For This Weekend...


...Have changed. I was supposed to be in Ohio visiting my uncle who has cancer, but I got a call from my aunt half way there telling me that she was taking him to the hospital because he had a fever and other adverse reactions due to the chemotherapy. Hopefully, he will feel better so we can reschedule for next weekend.

I ask that you please keep my uncle in your prayers. When he first found out about the cancer (colon cancer), they operated on him and were able to remove most of it. He is now undergoing 48 weeks of chemotherapy to get rid of whatever is left over. So far he hasn't done well with it. This is his second time having to go to the emergency room since the chemotherapy began on the 19th of April.

Although I am extremely disappointed at not being able to see my uncle this weekend, it does allow me to attend a Scott Hahn lecture in nearby Erie, PA at St. George Catholic Church.

As much as I love listening to lectures by Scott Hahn, I would still rather be visiting my uncle.

No comments: