Friday, May 12, 2006

Quote Of The Day

“I am angry because my Protestant past lied to me. They said that Catholics never heard the Gospel and yet I heard in there they said three times ‘Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world have mercy on me.’ I’ve never heard the Gospel proclaimed more clearly in my life than in that Catholic mass. And they lied to me that these are not my brothers and sisters in Christ. These are my brothers and sisters in Christ! And I am just as mad at the Catholics because they are so ecumenically sensitive they never had the guts to tell me I was wrong. They keep their faith to themselves. They didn’t care to tell me that I was not in the fullness of the faith. I would have been Catholic ten years ago if someone had told me!”

-Janet Ray (wife of apologist Stephen Ray) after her first Catholic mass.

No comments: