Monday, May 01, 2006

Textbooks!

On Friday I picked up my textbooks for my summer classes. The best part about being a theology major is that I can by all these books (which I would have purchased anyways if I didn't need them for class) and be able to defend my purchases to my wife!
They are as follows:

Principals of Biblical Study II

The Historicity of the Gospels- by the Pontifical Biblical Commission

The Interpretation of the Bible in the Church- by the Pontifical Biblical Commission

Interpreting the New Testament- by Daniel Harrington

The New Joy of Discovery in Bible Study- by Oletta Wald

Theology of the Church

Dogma IV (The Church: Its Origin and Structure)- by Michael Schmaus

Christian Moral Principles

Faith, Hope, Love- by Josef Pieper

The Four Cardinal Virtues- by Josef Pieper

Evangelium Vitae- the Encyclical Letter of John Paul II

Dies Domini- an Apostolic Letter of John Paul II

On the Hundredth Anniversary of Rerum Novarum- the Encyclical Letter of John Paul II

Principles of Christian Morality- by Ratzinger, Schurmann, and Von Balthasar

As you can see, I have a good reading list ahead of me! Especially for my Christian Moral Principles class. You know its a good thing when you read Pieper, JP II, Ratzinger, Schurmann, and Von Balthasar all in the same class!

Today also starts my two week vacation from work. What am I going to do? Read all the books I've just mentioned! (That's the plan anyways.)

No comments: