Monday, November 13, 2006

My Trip To The National Basilica Of The Immaculate Conception

Saturday, I journied to Washington, D.C. to partake in the Reconsecration of the United States to the Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary. It was a wonderful experience. The mass was beautiful and the Basilica was amazing! Below are a few of the over 50 pictures I took:


Christ on a Celtic Cross. For obvious reasons, this is my favorite picture!


This isn't a painting. It is made entirely of mosaic!



This is the statue of Mary that was processed in.















This is one of the domes of the Basilica that is made entirely of Mosaic. They are working on another dome, that when completed, will be the largest mosaic in the world.











This is a long shot from the back of the Basilica. (By the way, it was completely filled for the reconsecration mass!)














Two outside shots of the Basilica. (In the left picture is the head of Fr. Jose, a wonderful priest from India who made the journey with me.)







This is the actual Papal Tiara worn by Paul VI at his coronation and the stole that John XXIII wore to open the Second Vatican Council!

I'm trying to find the text to the homily given by Fr. Andrew Apostoli, CFR. It was truly splendid. If anyone comes across it, please point me in its direction!

O, Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary: Ora Pro Nobis!

No comments: