Sunday, January 07, 2007

Catholic Devotions Meme

I have been tagged by St. Peter's Helpers!

1. Favorite devotion or prayer to Jesus.
Eucharistic Adoration. Also, Sacred Heart. Total consecration to Jesus through Mary.

2. Favorite Marian devotion or prayer.
The Holy Rosary! Consecration to Jesus through Mary works in this category as well.

3. Do you wear a scapular or medal?
I wear the brown scapular and the medal of Our Lady of the Immaculate Conception made for the reconsecration of the U.S. to the Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary.

4. Do you have holy water in your home?
Yes.

5. Do you "offer up" your sufferings?
I try to as much as possible.

6. Do you observe First Fridays and First Saturdays?
At the moment, no. But I intend to start.

7. Do you go to Eucharistic Adoration? How Frequently?
Yes. As much as I can, but at the very least once a week for an hour.

8. Are you a Saturday evening Mass person or a Sunday morning Mass person?
Sunday morning.

9. Do you say prayers at mealtime?
Always.

10. Favorite saints:
All the Irish saints, but especially Sts. Patrick, Brendan, Brigid, Ida. St. Joseph. St. Therese of Lisieux. St. Benedict. St. Padre Pio. St. Nicholas. St. Jerome. St. Thomas Aquinas.
(and also soon to be saints: Ven. John Henry Newman. Ven. Pius XII. Servant of God Fulton J. Sheen. Servant of God John Paul the Great.)

11. Can you recite the Apostles' Creed by heart?
Yes. I learned this by heart last year when I started praying the rosary daily.

12. Do you usually say short prayers (aspirations) during the course of the day?
Most of the time, yes.

13. Bonus Question: When you pass by an automobile accident or other serious mishap, do you say a quick prayer for the folks involved?
I have recently started to.

Added bonus question: Have you named your Guardian Angel?
No, but I've always thought that it would be really cool to have St. Michael as my Guardian Angel! However, if he is not and my guardian angel is reading this: I still love you and thank you for putting up with me!

I hereby tag Frank and Dilexitprior and anyone else who hasn't been tagged yet and would like to be.

No comments: