Thursday, October 27, 2005

The Commissioner Responds

Two days ago I received a letter back from the Commissioner of Baseball, Bud Selig, to whom I wrote a couple of weeks ago regarding the ban on Shoeless Joe Jackson from baseball. Here is what is says:

Dear Mr. Garland:

Thank you for your letter of October 13, 2005.

I certainly understand your thoughts relative to "Shoeless" Joe Jackson and have the entire matter under review. Commissioner Kenesaw "Mountain" Landis made this decision over 75 years ago and the files are very lengthy, so there is a great deal to analyze. I understand the very deep feelings in this sensitive matter and appreciate the interest you have shown.

Thanks for taking time to write to me. I enjoyed hearing from you.

Sincerely,
Allan H. Selig
Commissioner of Baseball

Now, even if this was a form letter, it is still cool that he wrote back. What makes it even cooler is that he signed it personally!
I'm thinking about writing him back in about a month and asking him how the process is going!

No comments: