Sunday, October 02, 2005

Persons Of The Day: Fr. Brad Page, Fr. Eric Dudley, Fr. Michael Petty







Today, the clergy from St. John's Episcopal Church in Tallahassee, Fl. have turned in their resignation. They have decide that they will no longer be subject to the egotistically draconian Bishop of Florida, John Howard. Fed up with the apostasy of the Episcopal Church USA and its downward spiral into a universalist sect, of which Bishop Howard has aspirations to climb to the highest ladder of it's steeple, these three courageous priests have started a new Anglican church in Tallahassee. St. Peter's Anglican Church is a member of the worldwide Anglican Communion, under the jurisdiction of an overseas archbishop, that takes seriously both the authority of Holy Scripture and the uniqueness of the person of Christ.
These three priest have been an inspiration to me, not only in my ongoing journey in Christ, but also in my personal life. They are brave men and strong leaders who will always stand up for the One Holy Catholic and Apostolic Faith!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Danny!
I just found out! They read Father Brad's letter of resignation at the EUC tonight. I can't say I was very shocked. I listened to you and Elisabeth talking over the summer-expecting something like this to happen. Everyone at the EUC are prepared for the move to St. Peter's. Even though I wasn't that shocked, I didn't expect it to be so sudden or abrupt, but I guess it had to be like that. I'm definitely going to be praying for the whole situation, and you and Laura are also in my prayers, I hope everything is going great for the both of you! ~Tori