Wednesday, January 18, 2006

In God's Hands

I have mailed out my application to the Franciscan University of Steubenville today! It's in God's hands now.

Here is one of the questions asked on the application with my answer following:

State your reasons for wanting to enter the Franciscan University of Steubenville Master of Arts in Theology Program, what you expect to gain from it, and what your plans and ambitions are for the future.


I want to enter the Franciscan University of Steubenville Master of Arts in Theology Program in order to answer St. Peter's call to "always be prepared to make a defense to anyone who calls you to account for the hope that is in you" (1 Peter 3:15). I want to gain the knowledge and wisdom to be able to evangelize and make an apology for the Catholic Faith to non-Christians, non-Catholics, and even Catholics themselves. I expect to gain a fuller understanding and a deepening of the Faith. I plan to continue on and get my Doctorate and my ambition is be a theologian and apologist. I want to spread and teach the Faith to ensure that every Catholic is able to not only state what they believe, but defend it with vigor and enthusiasm.

All prayers would be greatly appreciated!

4 comments:

antonia said...

oh wow! What an increadible reply!
What an amazing calling!
God Bless you & good luck!

*prays that God's will may always be done in your life*
-x-

Unknown said...

Thanks Antonia!

Anonymous said...

Good luck with that. Your heart is certainly in the right place, so all will work out. If you need any grad school advice, let me know.:-)
Praying for you guys.

~Elisabeth

P.S. Sorry I missed you guys over the break. Didn't get back to Florida until the 18th. Hope you're doing great!

Saint Peter's helpers said...

Wow, you've answered well, Danny. Will be praying for you, especially through the intercession of the Blessed Mother and also to St. Peter!

I'm sure you will be an asset to the University. Prayerful wishes for a successful application.