Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Irish Saint Of The Day: St. Guasacht

Guasacht was the son of Maelchu (Miluic), the master under whom Saint Patrick worked as a slave in Ireland. Maelchu set fire to his home, locked the doors, and perished in the flames rather than meet Patrick again. Guasacht, however, was converted by Patrick, whom he helped in the evangelization of Ireland, both as a layman and later as bishop of Granard (County Longford). His two sisters, known as the Emers, also became Christians and religious.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh you are Irish and dangerous! I just read that you are in the process of becoming a Catholic, WOW! That's great news. I shall keep my eye on that!
My fiance is all into Irish music lately :))
I think the Eucharistic miracle that we both wrote of is amazing, I only found it recently though, i'm a tad late.
Thank you for the Irish Saint of the day and God bless!

Unknown said...

Oh and my fiance was also an Anglican come Catholic and theology student, goodness, you have something in common I feel.:D

Unknown said...

Carmel,
Irish music is the best! The Eucharistic miracle is great. You did a much better job on your post, I must say. All I did was link to it. Glad you liked the Irish saint of the day.
I must be a trend that Anglicans who become Catholic turn into theology students. We'll see if it catches on! ;-)