Friday, March 23, 2007

Fall Classes

I registered today for my Fall classes. They are as follows:

-Teachings of Vatican II taught by Fr. Dan Pattee, TOR
-Catholic Theology of Tradition and Development of Doctrine taught by Dr. Stephen Hildebrand
-New Testament Wisdom: The Epistle to the Hebrews taught by Fr. James Swetnam, SJ

I am extremely excited about the Epistle to the Hebrews class! Not that the other two classes won't be great, but the Hebrews class is being taught by Fr. Swetnam, who not only is a world class scholar, but the Epistle to the Hebrews is his specialization!

I myself love the Epistle to the Hebrews (check out a paper I wrote on the theology of Christ's priesthood in Hebrews which I wrote last semester) and to be able to study it with Fr. Swetnam is truly a blessing!

Truly, to be studying at Franciscan University is a wonderful blessing!

Another blessing beyond compare is also to be Catholic! I can't say that enough. This Easter Vigil it will be my one year anniversary of entering the Church and I absolutely love being apart of the fullness of the Faith and all the beauty and treasure it has to offer for loving and serving Our Lord Jesus Christ! This is the Church He founded upon Peter and the Apostles. What a glorious act of Christ's Love is Holy Mother Church!

Would that all would experience Her joy!

No comments: